This professorship was established in 1990 by the Cedars Cancer Foundation in honour of Dr. Edward J. Tabah.
Its objective is to bring to the MUHC a renowned world expert in the field of surgical oncology on a yearly basis. MUHC surgeons and heath care providers are given first hand acces to the latest developments and technologies in the surgical oncology direct from Cedars invited guest lecturers.
Previous Edward J. Tabah Visiting Professor in Surgical Oncology:
- 2015 Dr. Electron Kebebew, National Cancer Foundation, Washington, DC
- 2014 Dr. Monica Morrow, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, NY
- 2013 Dr. Daniel Coit, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, NY
- 2012 Dr. Kelli Bullard Dunn, James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville KY
- 2011 Dr. Harusi Osugi, Osaka University Graduate School of Medecine, Japan
- 2010 Dr. Kris Jardon, Clermont-Ferrand University, France
- 2009 Dr. Alan D.M. Turnbull, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York
- 2008 Dr. Sylvie Bonvalot, Gustave-Roussy Cancer Institute, Paris
- 2007 Dr. Kenneth K. Tanabe, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- 2006 Dr. Hartley Stern, Ottawa Hospital Regional Cancer Centre, Ottawa
- 2005 Dr. Blake Cady, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI
- 2004 Dr. Theodore N. Pappas, Duke University Medical Centre, Durham, N.C.
- 2003 Dr. Joel Sheinfeld, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Centre, New York
- 2002 Dr. Peter Pister, M.D. Anderson Cancer Centre, Texas
- 2001 Dr. Stimson Schantz, New York Medical College
- 2000 Dr. Alfred M. Cohen, Cornell University, New York
- 1999 Dr. Michael Baum, University College, London, England
- 1998 Dr. Douglas Reintgen, University of South Florida, FL
- 1997 Dr. Samuel Wells, Washington U. School of Medicine, MO
- 1996 Dr. Norman Wolmark, University of Pittsburg, PA
- 1995 Dr. Michael Lotze, University of Pittsburg, PA
- 1994 Dr. Jack Roth, University of Texas, Tx
- 1993 Dr. John Lore, University of Buffalo, N.Y.
- 1992 Dr. Walter Lawrence, Medical College of Virginia, Va
- 1991 Dr. Murray Brennan, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, New York